Prerequisite: Availability and Rates API, Booking Retrieval and Booking Confirmation APIs OR Booking Notification API, Product API (recommended)
The Property API is an interface that allows partners to
- Onboard property attributes, images, policies, and fees
- Update content amenities, policies, fees after onboarding
To adopt Property API, you must also implement these APIs: a booking API, the Availability and Rates API, and the Product API. Property API cannot be implemented alone. The APIs that you choose depend on your connectivity solution. For more information, see the documentation for Availability and Rates API, Booking Notification API, the Booking Retrieval and Booking Confirmation API, and the Product API.
Before beginning: Contact us or your Connectivity Account Manager to express interest in adding or upgrading an integration. If you launch an integration without following the project and integration certification process, degraded performance or failure may result.
Property API currently only caters to limited use cases. To avoid unnecessary development effort, please contact your Connectivity Account Manager before adopting this API.
The following list is an overview of features included in Property API as well as some notable features that are not included.
- Read property information using Expedia IDs and your property IDs as identifiers
- Onboard a new property into Expedia Group’s system
- Update the record of a property that was previously onboarded by the Property API by you or through other means (such as Expedia Partner Central)
- Retrieve a record of the property that was previously onboarded using the Property API by you or through other means
- Get the status of a property, e.g. Onboarding Completed, Onboarding Failed
- Multiple business models: Hotel Collect, Expedia Collect, or Expedia Traveler Preference
- Deactivate properties in Expedia Group's system
- Inventory count
- Retrieve a record of attributes as seen on Expedia Group’s points of sale
- Add or update room amenities for specific room types
- Create or modify rate plans
- Change a property’s business model
- Onboard a property that already exists on Expedia Group
- Deposit or cancellation policies are not updated with this API
- Extra person fees (all ages) depending on the pricing model
Features not included with Property API are managed through Expedia Group’s Partner Central, Product API, and Image API. Some of these features can be managed by the partner, while others are managed by their Expedia Group Market Manager.
Contact us or your Expedia Group Connectivity Manager for further information or to express interest in adding or upgrading an integration.