Updated June 23, 2021
This Connectivity API License Agreement (the “License Agreement”) together with any additional terms referenced in or attached to this License Agreement (the “Additional Terms”) (collectively the “Agreement”) set out the terms on which Expedia Lodging Partner Services Sàrl (“Expedia”) agrees to grant you a license for and access to the application programming interfaces and documentation (“APIs”) made available by Expedia to you under this Agreement. The terms “you” and “your” refers to the user of the APIs and any person listed in any Additional Terms. Please read this Agreement carefully, if you do not accept this Agreement, you may not access or use the APIs.
1. License Grant. Subject to your compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, we shall grant you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license during the Term to use the APIs solely for your internal business purposes to develop, test, maintain and operate an electronic interface (your “Connection”) to connect with our system and facilitate the exchange of rates, availability, and other property-related information between us and suppliers that we have approved in writing (“Properties”). You: (a) acknowledge that this Agreement does not contain a license or right to access or use the Content (defined below) made available through the APIs unless otherwise explicitly granted in the Additional Terms, (b) acknowledge that we have no obligation to display the Properties or any Content, (c) represent and warrant that you are accessing and using all such data and Content pursuant to, and in compliance with, the terms of your agreement with the applicable Property, and (d) acknowledge that we reserve all rights that are not herein expressly granted.
2. Use Restrictions. Except as expressly authorized under this Agreement, you may not: (a) without our written consent (i) copy, modify, or create derivative works of the APIs, in whole or in part, or (ii) rent, lease, lend, sell, license, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise make available the APIs; (b) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, adapt, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to any software component of the APIs, in whole or in part; (c) use the APIs in any manner or for any purpose that infringes, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any intellectual property right or other right of any person, or that violates any applicable law; or (d) combine or integrate the APIs with any software, technology, services, or materials not authorized by us. In addition, you will not use the APIs in connection with any unlawful or improper activities.
3. Your Connection.
4. API Support; Updates. This Agreement does not entitle you to any support for the APIs. You acknowledge that we may update or modify the APIs (or add APIs) from time to time and at our sole discretion (in each instance, an “Update”), and may require you to obtain and use the most recent version(s) within the time period set by us. Updates may adversely affect how your Connection communicates with the APIs. You will make any changes to your Connection that are required for integration as a result of such Update at your sole cost and expense.
5. No Fees. Unless otherwise specified under the Additional Terms (if any), no fees or other payments will be due under this Agreement.
6. Content. Except as authorized in writing by Us, you will not edit, modify, or copy, any Content that you access via the APIs. At all times during the term, you will ensure that the accuracy and completeness of any and all Content provided to you by a Property or that you receive from us retains the level of accuracy that such Content had when received by you from us or the applicable Property. If any Content as presented through your Connection is inaccurate or incomplete, then you will correct the inaccuracy or incompleteness as soon as reasonably practicable. “Content” means any and all content, data and information that you provide to or receive from us under this Agreement, including without limitation, rates, availability, lodging descriptions, photographs, and customer Personal Data and Payment Information. You will not use Content you access via the APIs for any purpose other than to perform your obligations under this Agreement.
7. Taxes. You shall be solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or other obligations associated with any amounts paid in connection with this Agreement. Any payments made under this Agreement are inclusive of value added (VAT), goods and services, sales, use, excise, gross receipts, consumption, services and any other similar tax, duty, imposition, fee or charge, however designated, that is not imposed on, measured by, or based on gross or net income (collectively “Transaction Taxes”). If applicable, you will deliver to us a completed IRS Form W-9, IRS Form W-8BEN-E or IRS Form W-8ECI (“Tax Documents”) and you shall promptly notify us of any change in circumstance that impacts the validity of the Tax Documents and you will update them accordingly. You shall provide us with an updated version of the Tax Documents promptly upon request. If you fail to comply with the terms of this section, we will be entitled to deduct and withhold payment due to you under this Agreement and all amounts withheld by us shall be treated as though paid to you.
8. Your Privacy and Data Security Obligations. You are solely responsible for posting any privacy notices and obtaining any consents from your end users required under applicable laws, rules, and regulations for their use of your Connection.
10. Intellectual Property Ownership. You acknowledge that, as between you and us, (a) we own all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the APIs, the Expedia Marks, and Our Confidential Information, and (b) you own all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to your Connection(s) and your Confidential Information.
11. Expedia Marks. Subject to your compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, we grant you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license during the term to display Expedia Marks solely in order to identify Expedia as a channel to which you provide access or as otherwise authorized in writing by us. Without limiting the foregoing, your use of the Expedia Marks must comply with our trademark guidelines as provided to you from time to time. “Expedia Marks” means our proprietary trademarks, trade names, branding, or logos that we make available to you for use in connection with the APIs pursuant to this Agreement. You must correct or cease use of the Expedia Marks within 24 hours of notice from us. You will not register, adopt, or use any name or other designation that includes all or part of any Expedia Mark, or any term that is confusingly similar to an Expedia Mark. You may use the Expedia Marks only: (i) in the form provided by us; (ii) for purposes as set forth above; and (iii) in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. You may not use Our brand names or any of the Expedia Marks in connection with the transmission or distribution of unsolicited commercial email, in any manner that would violate local law or custom or conflict with Our policies, or in any way that disparages or devalues Our reputation or goodwill.
12. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE APIs AND EXPEDIA MARKS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE. WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABLITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ALL WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. EXPEDIA MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND THAT THE APIs WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, OR BE SECURE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, FREE OF HARMFUL CODE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED.
13. Indemnification. You will indemnify, defend, and hold us and our officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, harmless and assigns from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses, arising from or relating to (a) your misuse of the APIs or Expedia Marks; (b) your breach of this Agreement; and (c) your Connection. If we seek indemnification or defense from you, we will promptly notify you in writing of the claim(s) brought against us for which we seek indemnification or defense. We reserve the right, at our option and in our sole discretion, to assume full control of the defense of claims with legal counsel of our choice. You may not enter into any third-party agreement that would, constitute an admission of fault by us or bind us in any manner, without our prior written consent. In the event we assume control of the defense of such claim, we will not settle any such claim requiring payment from you without your prior written approval.
14. Limitations of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, COST OF RE-PROCUREMENT, LOSS OF EXPECTED SAVINGS, OR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, ECONOMIC, EXEMPLARY, AGGRAVATED OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE.
15. Term and Termination. This Agreement will continue until terminated as permitted in this Agreement (the “Term”). We may immediately terminate or suspend this Agreement, any rights granted herein, and/or your licenses under this Agreement at any time and for any reason, by providing notice to you or revoking access to the APIs and Expedia Marks. In addition, this Agreement will terminate immediately and automatically without any notice if you violate any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by upon written notice to us. Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason all licenses and rights granted to you under this Agreement will terminate and you must delete all Confidential Information of Expedia. Any terms that by their nature are intended to continue beyond the termination or expiration of this Agreement, will survive termination.
16. Modifications. We reserve the right to modify and impose new or additional terms and conditions to this Agreement at any time. We will provide written notice of any such changes to the terms. If you do not accept such modifications or new or additional terms and conditions, you may terminate this Agreement upon written notice to Expedia. Your failure to exercise your right to terminate this Agreement within 30 days after notice of any change to this Agreement will constitute your acceptance of such changes. You may not modify this Agreement without Expedia’s prior written consent.
17. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Washington without giving effect to any choice of conflict of law provision or rule that would require or permit the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Washington. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or related to this agreement or the licenses granted hereunder will be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Washington in each case located in the County of King, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action, or proceeding.
18. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter. The language of this Agreement is English and any translation of this Agreement into a language other than English will be for reference purposes only. In the event of a conflict of interpretation, the English language will prevail. We will send notice to you by email or express mail at the address that you provided to us in connection with your use of the APIs. Emails shall be deemed to have been received within 1 working day from being sent. Any notices to us must be sent via nationally recognized courier to: Expedia, 1111 Expedia Group Way, Seattle, WA 98199 Attn: General Counsel. The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of any provision herein does not affect any other provision herein or the validity, legality, or enforceability of such provision in any other jurisdiction. There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Agreement. Any failure to act by us with respect to a breach of this Agreement by you or others does not constitute a waiver and will not limit our rights with respect to such breach or any subsequent breaches. This Agreement is personal to you and may not be assigned or transferred for any reason whatsoever without our prior written consent and any assignment or transfer violation of the foregoing will be void and without effect. We expressly reserve the right to assign this Agreement and to delegate any of our obligations hereunder. By agreeing to this Connectivity API License Agreement, you also agree to the Additional Terms (Connectivity Partner Program Terms) located in Exhibit A.
19. Expedia Definition. The terms “we”, “us”, “our”, and “Expedia” refer to EXPEDIA LODGING PARTNER SERVICES SÀRL.
These Additional Terms govern your participation in our Connectivity Partner Program (the “Program”) and are part of the Connectivity API License Agreement (the “License Agreement”). All capitalized terms not defined in these terms shall have the meanings provided in the License Agreement.
1. Eligibility and Program Financial Incentives. Your eligibility to participate in the Connectivity Partner Program will be determined by us in our sole discretion. After your participation in the Partner Program is confirmed by Expedia in writing, and you are assigned to a Program tier by Expedia, then provided that you remain in compliance with the Agreement at all times during the Term, you may be eligible to earn benefits and/or an amount set by us as notified to you (a “Financial Incentive”) for achieving certain Objectives as defined by us from time to time.
An “Objective” means a target, metric or completed action that you achieve or complete using a method prescribed by us (if applicable), including by target dates set by us. Benefits, Objectives and Financial Incentives will be determined and calculated by us based on our books and records.
2. Payments. In the event you’re eligible for a financial incentive, we will at the end of each eligible calendar quarter, provide you with a report of Objectives achieved and the Financial Incentives earned during such quarter. You will provide us with an invoice for such Financial Incentives within 60 days of receipt of such report. If you do not submit your invoice in accordance with this Section 2 within 12 months of receipt of our report, then you waive your right to payment for the relevant quarter.
3. Miscellaneous. Without limiting anything in the Agreement, we may (a) terminate your participation in the Program at any time and for any reason upon 14 days’ notice, or (b) immediately terminate or suspend your participation in the Program upon written notice in the event that you breach the Agreement or your Connection is associated with fraudulent or illegal activity or might otherwise harm other properties or travelers. If your participation in this Program is terminated or you are not in compliance with your requirements under this Program at any point during the Term as determined by us, you will no longer be entitled to any benefits or Financial Incentives. If your participation in this Program is terminated, the License Agreement will remain in effect. If your License Agreement is terminated, these Connectivity Partner Program Terms shall also by terminated. We make no representations or warranties regarding any financial results associated with this Program or the Financial Incentives that the Program might generate for you. We may make changes to this Program or these terms at any time and will provide you with notice of any such changes. Any Benefits or Financial Incentives provided under this Program at any time, including before these Additional Terms come into effect shall be deemed part of this Agreement. You may terminate your participation in this Program at any time by providing 14 days prior written notice to us.