This topic introduces you to the Property API.
If you are looking for information about capabilities offered by additional APIs, such as Product API or Image API, refer to the overview page.
To get started:
- If you already use other Expedia Group APIs, access
https://services.expediapartnercentral.com/properties/v1in a browser and provide your API username and password credentials when prompted.
- If you are a new partner, you must register with Expedia and obtain API credentials by submitting your request on this page. You can also obtain the rights to use a test property to run tests before going to production with a new integration.
Use the Property API to read (GET), set property details or update (PUT), or deactivate a property (DELETE).
- JSON: The service will return JSON documents for read, create, and update requests, and accept JSON payloads for create and update requests.
- Secure HTTP with TLS 1.2 is required. Our API will not accept connections using SSL or TLS below v1.2 protocol.
- Use valid API login credentials in the HTTP header of the request.
- Be secured using basic authentication.
- The partner submits a form to advise Expedia Group that you would like to adopt Property API (please note that an Expedia Group booking API together with a rates and inventory API must be in place prior to developing Property API).
- An Expedia Group Connectivity Account Manager contacts the partner to set priorities and determine partner needs.
- The Integration team and Expedia Group Connectivity Manager schedules a kick-off call, where partners meet the Integration team and review desired settings and address API questions, issues, and expectations.
- The partner develops Property API for reading, creating, and updating properties.
- The partner ensures the Property API service sends updates to properties on Expedia Group points of sale for a beta property.
- The partner provides the Integration team with a small group of additional properties (usually 4-10) in the production environment they would like to connect to for additional testing.
- The partner works with the Integration team to test and validate the data and troubleshoot any issues.
More details are provided in the Development requirements below.
When ready to test for development completion, contact the Expedia Group Integration Specialist assigned to your account for access to the guides and testing tools.
Testing for this API consists of self-tests using test properties in a live production environment. When the self-tests have been completed, forward the test plan to the Integration team for audit. Once the test plan passes review and the Connectivity Account Manager signs off, you will be Property API certified.
- You must continue to adhere to our Terms and Conditions
- Monitor your Property API connection for any errors
- Report any errors received in any Property API response and how they have been resolved