Prerequisite: Availability and Rates (AR) API, and Booking Retrieval and Booking Confirmation APIs OR Booking Notification API
The Image API is an interface that allows you to
- Read images currently associated to a property (active and inactive)
- Add new images to a property (one at a time)
- Edit existing images’ metadata, including categories and room assignments
- Delete images for a property on all Expedia Group points of sale
Image API is intended for bulk-onboarding and maintenance operations.
To adopt Image API, you must have implemented one of each: an Expedia Group booking API and the Rates and Availability API. The booking API you use depends on the connectivity solution you use. For more information, see the documentation for Booking Notification API and the Booking Retrieval and Booking Confirmation pair of APIs. Image API cannot be implemented alone.
The list of changes made to the API are included in the revision history.
The Image API response is transmitted to you through a synchronous connection to update the property’s system with the status of the Image API request. If a connectivity problem or another issue occurs, an error code will be returned that indicates what issue occurred. Requests and responses are sent in JSON documents. To facilitate integrating with Image API, Expedia Group offers a Swagger JSON file file documenting Image API’s model and operations.
- Updates images (by property) using property’s internal codes as identifiers; only Expedia IDs can be used
- Add or update other content including rate plans, room type names, descriptions, and amenities
- View rate plans, room types, and property amenities
- Pull a list of all active room types associated with a property
Before beginning: Contact us or your Connectivity Manager to express interest in adding or upgrading an integration. If you launch an integration without following the project and integration certification process, degraded performance or failure may result.