Prerequisite: Availability and Rates API
The Booking Retrieval and Booking Confirmation APIs are simple interfaces that work together to allow you to
- Retrieve pending bookings (reservations, modifications or cancellations not already retrieved)
- Retrieve a single booking by its booking ID
- Retrieve all the bookings created, modified, or cancelled in a time period
- Provide confirmation numbers for bookings
Booking Retrieval API retrieves bookings made on any Expedia Group Inc. points of sale. The API allows you to retrieve pending bookings (reservations, modifications, or cancellations) as frequently as desired. If you do not retrieve the booking information electronically, Expedia Group sends the information to the property by email.
The Booking Confirmation API allows you to provide Expedia Group with the property’s confirmation number for all bookings that have been retrieved with the Booking Retrieval interface. Unconfirmed bookings will revert to email once the booking expiration time is reached.
Before beginning: Contact us or your Connectivity Manager to express interest in adding or upgrading an integration. If you launch an integration without following the project and integration certification process, degraded performance or failure may result.
Booking Retrieval integration
Booking Retrieval API works in conjunction with your Booking Confirmation integration to electronically retrieve bookings made on any Expedia Group point of sale and provide a confirmation number. The revision history describes what's included in the latest version.
The following list is an overview of features supported in the Booking Retrieval API as well as some notable features that are not supported.
- Frequent retrieval of pending bookings (every 1-60 minutes, as needed)
- Retrieve a single booking by Expedia booking ID
- Retrieve all bookings created, modified, or cancelled for the past X days (X can be any number between 1 and 30)
- Special request text- bookings can include special requests from travelers
- Child age(s) if any children are included in the reservation. This feature is not automatically enabled. Please contact your Connectivity Account Manager to discuss enabling this feature.
- Expedia Virtual Card payment details. A virtual credit card used to send payment details to properties for Expedia Collect reservations.
- Bookings with Unicode characters- travelers in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan can enter their name and special requests in their local language at the time of booking.
- Point of sale where the booking originated (i.e. Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, etc.)
- Guest email address information and Hotel Collect- guest credit card information will depend on whether the provider is PCI compliant
- Special request text- can retrieve special request codes in the SpecialRequest element
- Room type name is not passed back as part of the reservation, only room type IDs are returned
- Rate plan name is not passed back as part of the reservation, only rate plan IDs are returned
- Pricing Model used by the property is not passed back as part of the reservation
- Deposit or cancellation policies are not passed back as part of the reservation
- Tax remittance- Details about tax transactions between properties and Expedia Group are not returned
- Confidential guest information is not returned with the Booking Retrieval response
If you do not retrieve the booking information electronically, Expedia Group sends the information to the property by email. Bookings that revert to email cannot have their latest information requested through the Booking Retrieval API anymore.
Booking Confirmation integration
Booking Confirmation works in conjunction with Booking Retrieval API to provide confirmation numbers for all bookings retrieved through the BR interface. Confirmation numbers need to be received by Expedia Group before the bookings expire. The revision history describes what's included in the latest version.
The following list is an overview of features included in the Booking Confirmation API.
The Booking Confirmation API allows you to return confirmation IDs to Expedia Group for reservations that have been retrieved electronically (reservations, modifications, and cancellations) with the Booking Retrieval API. These two separate integrations, which cannot be adopted independently of the other, ensure that bookings are both retrieved and confirmed to the traveler successfully.
Booking Confirmation allows properties to provide confirmation numbers for
- Same-day arrivals (based on midnight in property’s local time zone)
- Next-day arrivals (any bookings created between midnight and 23:59:59 the day before arrival, based on property’s local time zone)
- Longer booking windows
Booking confirmation numbers can be updated for previously confirmed bookings up to 8 days after the guest's departure date.
Features not included with Availability and Rates integration are managed through Expedia Group’s Partner Central, Availability and Rates API, Product API, and Property API . You can manage some of these features, while others are managed by your Expedia Group Market Manager.