Prerequisite: Booking Retrieval and Booking Confirmation APIs OR the Booking Notification API
The Availability and Rates API is a simple interface that allows you to update your inventory on all Expedia points of sale as follows:
- Automatically update rates and availability
- Enable restrictions, including closed-to-arrival or departure and minimum/maximum lengths of stay
- Reduce manual tasks and maintain up-to-date inventory
Here is an overview of the workflow:
Availability and Rates API works with either Booking Notification API or the Booking Retrieval/Booking Confirmation set of APIs, depending on the connectivity solution you use. Availability and Rates API cannot be implemented alone. You can automatically send updates to sync rates, availability and/or restrictions through your systems.
Before beginning: Contact us or your Connectivity Manager to express interest in adding or upgrading an integration. If you launch an integration without following the project and integration certification process, degraded performance or failure may result.
The following list is an overview of features included in the Availability and Rates API as well as some notable features that are not included. The revision history describes what's included in this version.
- Update inventory and/or rates by property for Room Types and/or Rate plans using Expedia IDs as identifiers
- Updates by date range and day(s) of the week
- Simultaneously update multiple room types and rate plans, also referred to as products, for multiple different date ranges
- Open and close availability of room types and rate plans
- Minimum and maximum length-of-stay based on either booking arrival date (arrival-based) or entire booking date rate (stay-through based). Note that type (arrival or stay-through) must be managed in Partner Central, but length-of-stay can be managed with the Availability and Rates API
- Closed-to-arrival restrictions and closed-to-departure restrictions
- Set and update number of rooms available per room type up to two years in advance
- Supports multiple pricing models and pricing attributes
- Per day for base occupancy (per day pricing model)
- Per day for base occupancy and per length of stay (per day, length of stay pricing model)
- Per day by occupancy (occupancy-based pricing model)
- Day-of-arrival pricing- the rate of the arrival night is applied to all nights of the guests’ stay
- Rate change indicator supported (compatible with both per day pricing and occupancy based pricing models)
- Supports rate updates being interfaced as Sell Rates (gross rate paid by customer) or Net Rates (Sell Rate excluding compensation)
- Inventory count by rate plan
- Updates by property for room types and rate plans using property’s internal codes as identifiers (only Expedia IDs can be used)
- Tax remittance- Details about tax transactions between properties and Expedia Group are not returned
- Content including room type names, descriptions, pictures, and amenities
- Compensation or promotional discounts
- Deposit or cancellation policies are not updated with this API
- Other fees including resort fees, cleaning fees, etc.
- Extra person fees (all ages) depending on the pricing model
Features not included with Availability and Rates integration are managed through Expedia Group’s Partner Central, Product API, and Property API. You can manage some of these features, while others are managed by your Expedia Group Market Manager.
Note: Availability and Rates API cannot be implemented alone. Either Booking Notification API or the Booking Retrieval/Booking Confirmation set of APIs, depending on the connectivity solution you use must be adopted in conjunction with Availability and Rates API. Contact us or your Connectivity Manager for further information or to express interest in adding or upgrading an integration.